Welcome to Swami Dayananda SSCP Inter College and thank you for your interest.
Everyone at our School works hard to create an exciting, stimulating, and caring environment enabling each school-child to reach his/her full potential. All our pupils are also expected to make their own contribution to the School life.
To achieve this we’ve developed an Admissions process which looks at a child’s current and potential academic ability, as well as whether he/she will be happy in our academic environment.
At the point of admission the child’s family financial background is not taken into account – the place is awarded on merit.
Swami Dayananda SSCP School is committed to nurturing talented pupils from all walks of life. We are also committed to supporting children from economically less privileged families, disaster affected families as well as children with special educational needs.
Find out more about our Scholarships here.
The age criteria for the admission to the pre-primary and 1st classes are as follows:
|Pre KG||2+ Years|
|Class I||5+ Years|
The age criterion for classes higher than first follows the same pattern.
Names of those seeking admission to the School are registered on submission of the Registration Form.
To obtain the Registration Form please contact our Admissions Office.
Registration of a child does not guarantee admission to the School.
Documents Required at the time of Admission :
- Duly Filled in Registration Form
- Attested photocopy of the Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Corporation
- School Leaving Certificate (original) from the school last attended
- Progress Report/Record (original) of the last exam passed
- Character Report/Certificate (original) signed by the Principal of the school last attended
- Photocopy of the Below Poverty Line Card (BPL) issued by the competent authority of the State Government (District Magistrate/Secretary of Education/Additional Secretary of Education) in case the child belongs to the economically weaker section (EWS)*
- Photocopy of the Disaster Affected Family Certificate issued by the competent authority of the State Government (District Magistrate/Secretary of Education/Additional Secretary of Education), if admission is sought under the Disaster Affected Family Category.*
- Medical Certificate (original): all new entrants are required to submit an original medical certificate certifying that they are free from any contagious or infectious disease and are otherwise physically fit to be admitted to school. The certificate shall include the vaccination record.
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs
* Documents submitted by the candidates under Below Poverty Line and Disaster Affected Family Categories will undergo thorough verification by the School Admissions Office as to their authenticity.
The assessment takes place at Swami Dayananda SSCP Inter College and includes a specially designed written Test and an Interview with the Admissions Officer/Principal. On submission of the documents the Admissions Office will let you know when your child will be invited for assessment.
The selection of the candidates will depend upon the child’s performance in the Test/Interview and availability of seats in the respective class.
The date of the Test/Interview results as well as the last date for the submission of the fee will be specified at the time of the Test/Interview.
Based on the Admission Test/Interview results and submitted documents the School reserves the right to admit any student who is found fit for admission or refuse admission without assigning any reason. For all matters related to admissions, the decision of the School Principal/Management will be final.
The children admitted to Swami Dayananda Saraswati SCP Inter College undertake:
- To attend School regularly
- To take good care of their health and develop healthy habits
- To be polite, courteous and friendly
- To have a positive attitude and good demeanour
- To accept all the School assignments rightfully and complete them dutifully
- To face difficulties courageously
- To be ready to lend a helping hand to all
- Never to cheat or be unfair at play; not to be rude
- To be kind and honest
- To respect the liberty and rights of others
- To resist temptations and have the courage to say ‘NO’ to wrongs
- To utilize the time to the optimum
- To wear neat and crisp uniform and take pride in their school uniform
- To look upon people from all parts of the world as their brethren irrespective their caste, color and creed
- To behave in a proper polite manner both in the School as well as outside its premises
- To read all the School notices and bring them to their parents’/guardians’ attention
- To keep the school campus neat and clean
* The above-mentioned list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is for reference only. Once admitted to the School the child and his/her parents will be duly familiarized with the School Rules and Regulations.
The School lays great emphasis on discipline and diligence. Slackness, disobedience and disregard for the School Rules and Regulations will not be tolerated. The School authorities reserve the right to take respective disciplinary actions against the students whose diligence and academic performance are considered unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to the other students. Such disciplinary actions may include suspension or even expulsion from the School.
The Student may become subject to suspension, expulsion or any other disciplinary action as deemed appropriate by the School Authorities on any of the following grounds:
- Irregular attendance
- Behavioural issues, including immoral behaviour, insubordination or contempt for the School Authorities, as well as causing damage to the School property
- Non-payment of the School Fee
A prior one-month notice or School Fee in lieu thereof is to be provided when the student is to be withdrawn.